Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Visiting our sons




October 31st was a really sad day for our family. It has been one year since the passing of our twin sons, Alan and Thiago. It's hard to believe that they are gone from our lives. They stayed very little time with us, but we treasured every minute we got to spend with them.



We went to visit their burial site in Oklahoma. I still have not been able to pick a headstone for their grave, but I am determined to pick something really pretty for them soon.



The funeral home we used put a really nice little plate to mark the site and so we were able to leave them some pretty flowers. We did not take any pictures of it this time, but my sweet aunt Gayle went to visit them a few months ago and she also left them some pretty flowers. She did take some pictures of it and so this is the one I posted here. Our sweet angels in heaven will be forever in our hearts.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I was thinking about you guys on the 31st. I'm a little teary eyed even now - I'm sorry that you had to go through that. We miss you and hope to see your sweet little Giovanna soon. We love the family pic! Aiden is getting so big!

Erin said...

Anita, I found your blog through Heather and I'm so glad you're doing it. I've thought about you a lot since we've moved. My heart goes out to you every 31st. Your new baby is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, my heart just aches for you... and you're right that they'll be with you forever. That is a beautiful plate as a marker, and it's wonderful that your aunt was able to visit their site. *hugs*